simple venting question

Users who are viewing this thread

pivotal

Reaction score
hello, could anyone tell me if i need to add a curcuit vent to the right of the sink drain in this photo? IMGP2199.jpg
that's a washer drain on the far right, a separate lav on the far left. the drain in the middle is the one in question. do i need a vent between it and the washer drain that Tees into the vent stack up where i have those double ells?
i hope i've done both the venting and this posting correctly. it's my first(posting).
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would have put another sanitary tee for the sink drain on top of the one for the washer. The way you have it, the washer draining is going to siphon the sink's trap.

pivotal

Reaction score
thanks for the response cacher. i'm a little dense, but i think i follow. so there would be two lateral arms flowing to the stack? being more of a carpenter, i'd love to try and avoid all those holes in the framing.
btw, what part of wisconsin?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Correct, 2 separate arms. You will need to make sure they are installed low enough for the sink that you plan to use.

I am from NW WI, but am currently between Milwaukee & Chicago.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
washer_rough_b.jpg

It's common for a laundry tray and washer to be plumbed together.

If the washer is plumber over the sink, it will siphon the trap.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is more than one problem with having the sink drain installed where and how you show it. The vent would have to be ON the sink drain before it connects to the horizontal line, to start with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks