Urine smell inside a wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Opened up a wall today to find a horizontal 4" cast drain from a toilet with a broken joint. Manage to get all the cast replaced, but everything is urine soaked, and now that the wall is opened up....man does it smell! Looks like it has been leaking for a while. They notices the smell before the wet area on the floor. Any ideas what to do before closing up the wall? They expect me to know, but I don't have a clue.
bug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Thanks Terry, I'll give it a try. I was going crazy looking for the right chemical to break down the uric acid.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry, I'll give it a try. I was going crazy looking for the right chemical to break down the uric acid.

Yes. I don't think you can break it down. I tried using bleach one time, but the urine and the bleach turned into something very toxic.
Painting over it does a really nice job of sealing it off.

bug.gif

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks