Modified Home Run Pex Water Distribution System

Users who are viewing this thread

poky1234

Reaction score
Hello,

Iam restoring a century home and I am replacing all the old plumbing system. I am trying to decide between a Home Run System or a Modified Home Run System. The house is 2 story. I want to use the Modified Home Run System and use sub manifolds. If I were to run to the second floor to supply a lav , toilet and tub could I use 1/2 inch pex to supply the sub manifold or would I have to go to 3/4? Town water pressure is around 45 lbs.

Thanks,

Doug

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Why are you focusing on saving 50 cents on the materials?

Can I get away with half-assing the thing? Probably.

Will it be as good as if I used the proper materials? Probably not.

PS As you probably know, this pex stuff moves a lot less water per diameter than pipe like copper. So why not give the house a plumbing system that it can be proud of instead of trying to figure out the minimum that you can get away with?

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
you are in Ontario - so our plumbing code will dictate your minimum pipe size determined by supply fixture units, distance and service pressure. I always run 3/4" to a second story and branch 1/2" off it. I also use copper main runs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks