Plumbing a house boat

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am bidding on a project for a new houseboat build in Seattle. Anyone out there with experience doing this? Any potential pitfalls you can warn me about. I have done service work on houseboats but building one is a new animal for me.

I don't know how we can do underground drainage for the main floor. This barge is a concrete float filled with polyfoam. Can I dig that out to put in my pipes? I have worked on other houseboats that use a flexible waste connector, similar to what you would see on an RV but I don't know how I leave the boat. Do I core out the side wall? Sounds dangerous. Is a sewage ejector necessary? I hate to use one if not absolutely necessary.

Also the entire roof top is a deck. Where to put my DWV vents? Flagpole?

Looking at radiant floor for heating. Never done a heat loss calc for a boat. Any special tips?

Thanks,

PJ in Seattle

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Also the entire roof top is a deck. Where to put my DWV vents

You are in a whole new dimension and land based designs may not be appropriate or possible to install. Isn't there going to be a "structure" on top of the deck so it becomes a HOUSEboat?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks