Drain issue

Users who are viewing this thread

jjgmorgan

Reaction score
I have a washing machine with 2" drain, properly vented. Can I connect the drain of my bathroom sink which is vented, to that same 2" drain.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are several ways to combine those.
Some are right, some aren't.

washer_rough_b.jpg

Here is a laundry tub and washer.
The tub to the left could have been a lav, which roughs a bit higher.

jjgmorgan

Reaction score
In my case I have the washer drain pipe running alone a wall meeting the lav drain pipe at 90 degrees alone the other wall. The 2" washer drain continues in a straight line. Which coupling do I use to connect the two? May be a wye & bend? Can a wye & bend be installed on its side. In the photo a sanitary T is used, I understand that a sanitary T can not be installed on its side.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
CAN you do it" Maybe, it depends on HOW you make the connection and we don't know how that is. Your description is too confusing to try to follow HOW the pipes meet or are installed, or WHY you have to do it in the first place.

jjgmorgan

Reaction score
I was just trying to get an understanding as to which drain fitting to use when two drain pipes meet and join at right angles in the same plane. I wanted to consolidate some drains to avoid more holes through the floor. All the examples I am getting are when the waste pipes join to a vertical line, not two joining in a more horizontal connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks