question about plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
So this may be a weird question but I live in a 2002 manufactured home and am having some blockage issues in one bathroom in my home. I was wondering if it is possible that after the main line comes into the house is it possible for the water to go directly to one bathroom before it goes to the water heater/ water softener?

We have had mineral deposits blocking all the cold water faucets (no problem with hot water) in the past. we have since installed a water softener and a sediment filter which has taken care of the blockage problem entirely on one side of the house. But on the other side of the house we have a bathroom that is blocking up constantly. Our plumbing is covered under the house by insulation so we cannot see the pipes. But that bathroom is quite close to where the water comes into the house. So I thought maybe in an effort to save a few cents they took the cold water from the main line so they would not have to run a line all the way across the house. What do you think? thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT would be more likely to be installed that way, rather than going to the water heater then back to the fixtures. The piping would only go to the water heater first if the heater were located at, or near, the point where the water enters the structure. Another problem with a manufactured home, especially if it is more than a single unit, is that each "piece" is plumbed separately and then the pieces are connected together when the units are assembled.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks