Are washerless sink valves fixable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
I have a price pfister lavy washerless sink set. the hot and cold water valves drip. I removed each valve assy and replaced some "o" rings etc. Still drip. Are they worth messing with further, or should I just bite the bullet and get a new valve assy for each?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Call 1-800-PFAUCET and they will send you new cartridges. When they leak it is NOT an "O" ring problem and they are not repairable. However, Pfister had two different systems which they called "washerless". If you rotate the handle and it turns many times and rises you have the "old" one. If it only turns 90 degrees it is the new ceramic seal unit.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They just need to know if it is a "single piece" or "3 piece wide spread" and about when it was installed. You can also tell them whether it only rotates 90 degrees or is a "multi turn' stem, and whether it has lever or "round" handles. Replace both sides while you are at it.

Ankhseeker

Reaction score
Great! I actually have 2 sinks. I need 4 valve assy's I wonder how generous they are? hehehe. I guess that even if I can only get 2, then it is still better than buying 4 ;-)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks