Bath DWV Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Gil1953

Reaction score
I am remodeling our master bath and moving the toilet and shower. Everything drains to a horizontal 3" drain that turns down and out into the septic. My vanity has a separate drain and vent, but I would like for the toilet to wet vent through the shower. I've been reading everything on this great site that I could find and hopefully have a solution that will work. I live in Kentucky, but can't find any reference to a national code, just the Kentucky State Plumbing Code.

Following are two options that I've come up with. I prefer Option 1 because I won't have to run lines though floor joists, but I'm concerned that the distance from the toilet to the vent is too far. I could move the vent a little closer in Option 2 if I need to.

Hoping for some advice. Thanks.

Hope this simple drawing makes sense.

Bath DWV.jpg

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
It appears that the wet vent through the shower is too far away to be used.

Gil1953

Reaction score
That's what I thought. As I understand it, 6 feet is the maximum for 3" lines.

I can put the 2" vent closer to the toilet line, which makes the distance from the toilet to vent at 67", 5" below the max. How does this drawing look?

Bath DWV 2.jpg

Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In #1, you show the toilet line as 55". In #3, it is 46". How is either on MORE than 72". The limitation on the shower vent is the distance between the trap and the vent, and has nothing to do with the distance to the toilelt connection.

Gil1953

Reaction score
I thought you added the total distance from the toilet to the actual vent (16+55). If you only count the distance to the wet vent, then it looks like any of the three options will work, right?

I should be fine on the shower vent based on the limitations I've seen.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks