Need to move toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

JDSmart

Reaction score
I need to move my toilet about 3 feet down from its current location. I am also moving the shower down about 5 feet. Is the attached drawing OK. The toilet would drop straight down without a closet bend. Currently the wet vent and shower drain are on the left side of the 3" pipe using a wye to the vent and shower then going into a 3 x3 x 2 sanitary tee on the vertical stack. If I use a double 3x3x2x2 sanitary tee the shower drain is on the right and the wet vent sink drain will be on the left. Please see the attached sketch. The photo is the current setup. You can see the wye that goes to the wet vent and the silver duct tape is where the shower drain was coming in.

Thanks,

Jeff

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A better way would be to wet vent the shower with the lav, and then drop that into the toilet line.
That way the shower is vented by by the lav vent "before" it enters that line.

JDSmart

Reaction score
IMG_0394A.jpgI labeled the photo of what the plumbing now looks like. Is this not correct either? It looks like the wet vent is like you say above that it is "before" it enters the line.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks