1 sink to 2 in vanity 1.25" drain question.

Users who are viewing this thread

nloutrel

Reaction score
I am replacing a vanity top, going from 1 sink to 2. I have everything I need with the exception of the drain components. The drain size is 1.25" drain, and due to space between the drain and wall, I was thinking of doing separate P-Traps and joining them together to the original existing drain to the wall. My problem comes to finding the Slip Joint T. I have spoken with several plumbing supply stores, and they all are telling me that they don't exist, and my google searches come up empty with "Slip Joint T 1.25 (or 1 1/4) inch drain." Is this true? I keep hearing that I have to do individual drains to the wall.

My curent drains are chrome, but I am ok switching to PVC if I need to as it is enclosed. I can also put the trap after the T joint if need be, but the space is close and would prefer to avoid this. I'd also prefer to not have to open up the wall as the vanity top is in place already, but I will IF I have to. Is there a way to transition a 1.25" drain from the sink to 1.5" and then back to 1.25" to go into the wall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Mills

Reaction score
What type of drain line is it? Most newer trap adapters can accept 1 1/2" by simply changing out the washer. You could then change everything to 1 1/2". Is this what you are attempting to do?
ta.jpg

Jim Mills

Reaction score
C'mon HJ, that took me all day to do! Actually, I was just looking for a picture of a slip joint tee to prove they existed, and that was the first one I could find. Doofus, Nothing wrong with two sinks into one P-trap. It's just that you want to do it like....WOW, I can't find a proper picture!?!?! OK....here's the best I can do...
ds.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks