Washing machine valve position

Users who are viewing this thread

MIKE007

Reaction score
I will install my laundry set in a small room. The units will be stacked against a wall ~5'. On one side I will have a narrow cabinet. Question: where to install the hot/cold water valve?
What is the best position for this setup?

Thanks,
M.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I would prefer them to be on one side or the other, where the valves are accessible to turn on and off without moving anything.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While many people never shut the water off to their WM when done, it is a disaster waiting to happen...the flexible hoses do eventually wear out. So, you do want the valves where you can access them easily - that makes it more likely you will use them as they should be used. If you get one of the WM boxes that also contains the drain fitting, there is a height restriction , but mainly, you don't want it too low or you could drain the WM without the pump running.

MIKE007

Reaction score
Thank you for suggestion. To make everything more complicated there is no space on side walls: Right is a corner and left a storage cabinet.

I have Belanger concealed laundry faucet. Can I install the valves in next room? Is a storage area.

Attachments

• 12365268_L.jpg
    12365268_L.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 240

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can put ANY washer control valves anywhere you want them, (even on the front porch if that suits your fancy). The only criteria is that they be accessible in an emergency.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks