Shower/toilet drain question

Users who are viewing this thread

MajMetro

Reaction score
Working on a second story bathroom for my cabin which is post and beam (no floor joists between first and second floors).

bathroom_v1 (Small).jpg

bath_drain (Small).jpg

Was wondering if this configuration was a workable or even legal? If so, which 90deg elbow (high or low heel inlet) would work? The whole idea is to build a fake beam as a chase for my plumbing, so I can keep all the fixtures on the same floor plane. The other option I'm considering is a rear outlet toilet and raise the shower high enough for plumbing the 2" p-trap.

Thanks in advance,

Mario

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A bend with an inlet like that is only intended for use with the inlet in a vertical position.

You can wye into the line downstream of the closet bend, and the shower vent will effectively wet vent the water closet, as long as you do not exceed the permitted trap to vent distances.

MajMetro

Reaction score
Yep, kinda figured what I had come across at an old farmhouse years ago wasn't proper.

Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if, by chance, I might be on to something.

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Mario

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks