1989 utica boiler drips # 3

Users who are viewing this thread

4uzindian

Reaction score
read this all of you that have helped me. since septemter. from origanal post and boiler drips # 2 . called tech who installed new parts . he was apoligetic he did't notice the model number. he'll back tommorow to fix things. .thanks to Tom Sawyer. for bringing this issue to my attention of the the exp tank.otherwise i would have nown this.hope you pick up this new post . i'll post tommorow about the results.hes going to install a #15 amtrol tank.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
read this all of you that have helped me. since septemter. from origanal post and boiler drips # 2 . called tech who installed new parts . he was apoligetic he did't notice the model number. he'll back tommorow to fix things. .thanks to Tom Sawyer. for bringing this issue to my attention of the the exp tank.otherwise i would have nown this.hope you pick up this new post . i'll post tommorow about the results.hes going to install a #15 amtrol tank.

Can you post a picture of where it leaks?

4uzindian

Reaction score
ok to dana -to houptee -to jadnashua and tom sawyer. today the the tech relpaced the st-5 expansion tank with the amtrol # 15 .everything is ok.thanks for all your answers. you where right saying it was an expansion tank problem. little did i know it was the wrong tank that was installed nor did the tech. it was the same size . and the thread was the same as a#15 tank.this is why he didn't notice it .normally the st-5 has a differt size thread than the #15.nomally the st-5 is white in color and has a 3/4 inch male thread this one had a 1/2 inch thread on it and it was light blue in color. this is why the tech didn't notice. the #15 of course has a 1/2 male thread on it and is light blue in color. he wasn't happy and doesn't like doing recalls. sh%&t happens.ok now. or i'll post again.

4uzindian

Reaction score
checked your reply . shovels are ready. i'll be closing this post now . thanks again for your support and answers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks