3x3x2 wye and 90 ell

Users who are viewing this thread

frank19991999

Reaction score
hi,

2 quick questions:

1. can I cut out in a 3" ABS pipe, insert a 3x3x2 wye and use rubber couplings on both 3" sides ? My concern is about lateral movement.

2. my 2" drain makes two 90 degree turns - both horizontally -
should I use those large 90 ell pieces ?

Thanks

frank19991999

Reaction score
one more question

Would be possible to use a tee-wye combination instead of a wye ? I need to use fittings rather than hubs and I can find only 3x3x2 tee-wye fitting.

thanks

Prashster

Reaction score
(not a pro) I believe this depends on where your vent is. I cannot say if combo tee-wyes are permitted in your situation, but I CAN say that it is forbidden if you're wet venting via the 3" drain. And I know that wetventing isn't permitted everywhere, so if you are, check.

If the fixtures on your inlet are vented before they get to the combo, then it might be ok. But, if not, the combo would cause the inlet branch to dip too low (below the trap weirs of any fixtures on the branch) before connecting with the 3" drain/vent. This is a no-no to my understanding.

Sulconst2

Reaction score
frank19991999 said:
hi,

2 quick questions:

1. can I cut out in a 3" ABS pipe, insert a 3x3x2 wye and use rubber couplings on both 3" sides ? My concern is about lateral movement.

2. my 2" drain makes two 90 degree turns - both horizontally -
should I use those large 90 ell pieces ?

Thanks

couplings need to be banded fernco's

for drain should be long sweep 90"s. throw a t-y with 1/8th bend for a clean out instead of one of the 90"s

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks