Aqua Boost II problem

Users who are viewing this thread

LAD

Reaction score
We have an Aqua Boost II booster pump (1.5 hp, 208/230, 30gpm) that is showing a 4 blink error message that according to the manual indicates that the pump is either bound or there is an electrical failure in the motor. When we turn the power to the pump off and then back on, the pump will go on for about 3 seconds then stops, followed with the 4 blinks code. After about 30 seconds it will then start and stop again. We took it apart and there was some scaling (calcium deposits) on some of the surfaces that I took off, but no other obvious rock or other obstruction. We put the pump back together, hooked it up, and it did the same thing. Would this stop/start take place if there is an electrical failure? According to the manual and parts diagram I have, this model is suppose to have 3 diffusers and 4 propellers. Ours has 4 diffusers and 5 impellers. Last year we replaced the mechanical seal after it started leaking and the regional parts representative insisted that the diagram we have is correct for our product. It really doesn't matter as long as it works! Any suggestions--any and all help is greatly appreciated. One last thought--its been raining the last few days after a long drought--could moisture in the motor do it? Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah if the motor got wet that could cause “an electrical failure of the motor”. Those variable speed type systems are not designed to last very long for a reason. Its time to spend some money and keep the cash flowing for Goulds pumps, just like they planned it. You could stop the cycle of planned obsolescence if you just get a regular jet pump that should last about 30 years.

LAD

Reaction score
My thought is that if the motor was failing due to water or otherwise that it wouldn't work at all--unlike the symptoms described above. Do you agree?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Every time you do a restart, it takes a computerized VFD a few seconds to see what is happening. It is still telling you there is a problem. So either there is a problem with the motor, or the computer is giving you false information. Either way you don’t have water.

VFD’s are great when you want lights flashing at you telling you there is a problem, but they are not so good when all you want is for water to come out of the faucet.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
My thought is that if the motor was failing due to water or otherwise that it wouldn't work at all--unlike the symptoms described above. Do you agree?

You may want to take a look see inside of the control box.

You could have a bad capacitor, Or a bad Switching FET.

Look for signs of a component that may have gotten hot.

Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks