Will a water softener system help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Titan7

Reaction score
I am getting so tired of the hard water deposits on everything. We remodeled the kitchens and bathrooms and we have to wipe down all the granite as if water drys it will etch the granite and leave a faint round mark, same on the stainless steel. I would like to be able to use the water and not have to wipe the sink and counter tops of every tiny water spot.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes. It will help that and more.

Now that doesn't mean that water drying will not leave a ring or spot, but any ring from dried soft water will wipe right up with a damp cloth or sponge.

Whether you get a water softener or not, here is a tip. Buy some distilled water jugs at maybe $0.79 per gallon. Fill a spray bottle with distilled water. Use that as a final rinse on things like eyeglasses. Reverse osmosis filtered water could be used instead of distilled.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I would like to be able to use the water and not have to wipe the sink and counter tops of every tiny water spot.

If that is your only reason, you will most likely be disappointed. As Reach4 said, you still need to wipe to prevent spots, but if you don't wipe, the spots will clean up easier later.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks