Well problems. Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

sickss

Reaction score
How long should it take to fill a 85 gallon bladder tank? The pump is a 3/4 hp 3 wire flotec submersible. The tank is flotec and I'm on a 40/60 switch. I just replaced the switch, pressure tank, control box, and pump. Pump does have a check valve built in. I flipped on the power and it seems to be working fine. The only thing I am concerned about is the 85 gallon tank is empty. I'm at 36 psi on bladder and I have it turning back on at around 38psi. Also from the pump down at bottom of the well, what size pipe should I be using? 3/4 inch or 1inch?

Reach4

Reaction score
Water level about 90 ft down? I will guess maybe 2 minutes 38 to 58 PSI.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Reach is probably about right. An 85 gallon tank holds about 25 gallons of water, a ¾ HP pump will probably do about 10 GPM, so 2 ½ minutes to fill the tank.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
How long should it take to fill a 85 gallon bladder tank? The pump is a 3/4 hp 3 wire flotec submersible. The tank is flotec and I'm on a 40/60 switch. I just replaced the switch, pressure tank, control box, and pump. Pump does have a check valve built in. I flipped on the power and it seems to be working fine. The only thing I am concerned about is the 85 gallon tank is empty. I'm at 36 psi on bladder and I have it turning back on at around 38psi. Also from the pump down at bottom of the well, what size pipe should I be using? 3/4 inch or 1inch?

You did not say well depth.

It is best for the size of the pipe to be whatever the outlet of the pump has, no smaller.

It should take 2.3428690 Minutes to fill. lol

Welcome to Terry's Forum.

Texas Wellman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pretty common to use 1" on subs around 10 gpm. Bigger than 12-15 GPM go 1.25.

You did not say well depth.

It is best for the size of the pipe to be whatever the outlet of the pump has, no smaller.

It should take 2.3428690 Minutes to fill. lol

Welcome to Terry's Forum.

Reach4

Reaction score
What makes you think the tank is empty rather that having 10 gallons, or whatever, of water in it? If your tank stayed empty, you would get very quick cycling.

Here is a test for you: turn off the power to your pump. Open a tap, and see how much water comes out. That should empty the pressure tank out of your faucet. The amount of water in your tank should be pretty much proportional to how high the pressure was above 36 PSI.

When you turn the water pump back on, watch the pressure gauge. Note how rapidly it climbs. If the tank stayed empty, the rise would be very quick.

sickss

Reaction score
What makes you think the tank is empty rather that having 10 gallons, or whatever, of water in it? If your tank stayed empty, you would get very quick cycling.

Here is a test for you: turn off the power to your pump. Open a tap, and see how much water comes out. That should empty the pressure tank out of your faucet. The amount of water in your tank should be pretty much proportional to how high the pressure was above 36 PSI.

When you turn the water pump back on, watch the pressure gauge. Note how rapidly it climbs. If the tank stayed empty, the rise would be very quick.

I tapped tank on the sides. Complete hollow sound. I'll try that test and post back in a few

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks