Toilet Acting Clogged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I posted about this awhile ago but now it happing again, on my Cadet 3 Flowise. Does anyone know how to prevent an airlock? Its not clogged and I have ordered an inspection snake waiting for it to get here. But there is no clog just bubbles and bubbles. It fills to the rim plunging/snaking does nothing. After about 10 minutes the bowl drains completely leaving zero water in the bowl. Any advise?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
NOt all snakes are created equal and a small one cannot clear a clog fully. You have a clog, it may be a ways down the line. It may be caused by lots of things: roots, a collapse of the pipe, a belly (inconsistent slope), or a reverse slope. Or, possibly, if you have a septic system, the leach field has failed or the tank is full of sludge. Sometimes, the pipes actually can get disconnected and have an offset. Depending on what else has recently be run down the drain, you may get an idea how far away the clog is by how much you can run down the pipe before it backs up and how long ago anything was dumped down there. Course, the clog could be in the toilet as well - a comb, toothbrush, hair pin, etc., depending on whether liquids pass by solids get stopped, it could be there. A toilet auger may or may not catch this type of clog.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Could a clog farther down the line to the septic effect only one toilet?
Depends on how the piping is laid out. If it's on its own branch, a clog anywhere along it might only affect it. If not, you might notice problems if you were running multiple fixtures at the same time, backing up the pipe further.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sure. The upstairs toilet could even have its own path to the septic tank totally separate from the downstairs toilet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Could a clog farther down the line to the septic effect only one toilet?

Definitely, and it would not even need to have its own "line". If it has a longer drop pipe out of the toilet, it will "fail" before any others do. And depending on why the line is flooded, the others may NEVER have a problem. What kind of "snake" do you use?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
DIY snakes frequently are too small to do the job. You probably should hire a plumber with the right equipment. Yes, I know, it cost money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks