Cello Fittings? Any opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mathelo

Reaction score
I'm looking to place a decent size order with pexsup*** for PEX and related bits. On all the PEX related materials I'm going with Uponor but I'll still require a few copper / brass fittings for tying into valves and copper pipe.

The primary brand they carry is Cello, which is made in Canada. Locally I can get Nibco or Mueller.

I'd like to just include what I need in this order but if you guys think these other brands are better, I'll find them elsewhere.

What do you think?

Louis

Patriot

Reaction score
No opinions on these choices?:confused:

If you order copper sweat fittings from pex supply, they are going to send you EPC fittings, not Cello, even though their website advertises Cello.
The local supplier I use sells EPC fittings and they seem to be ok although I was not happy with them at first. Just for the heck of it, I weighed Nibco, Mueller and EPC fittings. The Nibco was the heaviest, EPC was slightly less and Mueller was a lot less.

Mathelo

Reaction score
If you order copper sweat fittings from pex supply, they are going to send you EPC fittings, not Cello, even though their website advertises Cello.
The local supplier I use sells EPC fittings and they seem to be ok although I was not happy with them at first. Just for the heck of it, I weighed Nibco, Mueller and EPC fittings. The Nibco was the heaviest, EPC was slightly less and Mueller was a lot less.

Thanks for your reply.

I can get Nibco at my local Home Depot. Based on your weight test, Nibco sounds like a better way to go. I also don't think it is cool that pex supply advertises one thing and sends another.:(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks