PumpTrol 30/50

Users who are viewing this thread

nickyg

Reaction score
My well pump is controlled by a PumpTrol pressure switch. The switch says 30/50 on the outside cover. Does that mean it must be set to 30/50 or can I increase the settings??? I want to go to a 40/60 to get more water pressure in the house. I get better water pressure when my pump is running than when it is not.... Thanks!

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
Your switch can be adjusted to 40/60 by turning the tall adjustment nut clockwise. (if yours has two adjustments, don't mess with the short one).
It make take several turns, but turn it a full turn and try it. Once you get that set, you'll need to adjust the air in your bladder tank (if you have one).
The correct setting is 2 psi less than pump cutin pressure.
Make sure you have a good pressure gauge on the system.
Ron

nickyg

Reaction score
Thanks Pumpman,
I do have a bladder tank and need to know what tools I will need and how to adjust my tank pressure. I will set it to 38psi for a 40/60 setting if I am reading correctly. Can I go any higher than 40/60??

My first task, however, will be to install a new pressure gauge. The current one has no face plate and looks very old. Will I be okay with a home depot gauge? If not, where should I purchase higher quality parts??

Lots of questions, but please answer them all if you can??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
All you need for the pressure tank is a tire pressure gauge and a bicycle pump (or something similar). It really is like pumping up a tire. You need to do things in the right way, though or you'll not have the proper pressure in it. Turn the pump off. Open a faucet and let th ewater run until it stops to relieve any pressure in the tank. Then adjust the pressure. After that, you can close up everything and then turn the pump back on.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks