flow check valve + circulator or circulator with flow check integerated?

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I am in the position to make a decision to use a flow check valve plus a circulator or just a circulator which with an integrated flow check valve inside such as 007-IFC series. which way you will go?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nope, it's cheaper and a whole lot faster to change the check valve in the circulator but, I've never seen one fail

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many (all?) of the Taco circulators use a cartridge to replace the wearable parts. Not sure what the relative costs are verses just buying a whole new one, but swapping the cart is certainly easy.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
we are referring to the "check valve" not the impeller cartridge, and if the check valve NEVER fails it must be the only "eternal" plumbing part in existence.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe. I've been installing Taco 007's with the check valves since they 1st came out and I haven't had a single check valve fail yet. If you look at the design, I'm not sure how they could fail unless something wedged itself in there. Then again, I don't think I've had to replace more than one or two regular flow checks in 40 years either unless the packing leaked. Most can be "adjusted" when they stick open with a hammer to the side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks