Pit Less adapter ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Arthur Barkley

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been browsing for a while and have a question about my well. Need to change my pump and I want to make sure about my pit less adapter. I have never seen one like this before but I think its one i have to unlock. Do I need to stick a tool down the plastic pipe that comes to the well cap to unlock? I have read this tool can be purchased or had by flattening the end of a 1/2 in pipe. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• photo_5[1].JPG
    photo_5[1].JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 674
  • photo_3[1].JPG
    photo_3[1].JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 533
  • photo_4[1].JPG
    photo_4[1].JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,699

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
The tool that you are referring to is used with another type of pitless. This looks just like a spool type pitless that only gravity holds in place - looks like they left a short nipple and coupling already threaded into it for some reason......I'm not really sure what the black poly is, other than a pipe to pour chlorine through. I have done this to chlorinate a well with a spool pitless so you don't get the chlorine all over the threads you pull from. When I've done it, I've just stuck the pipe in the wire passage enough to get the chlorine past the device. I've never left one in though, so as not to confuse anyone trying to pull the pump.

Arthur Barkley

Reaction score
Ok cool, hopefully easier than I thought. Looks like a tight fit and with the rust in the casing I hope it comes out smoothly.

VAWellDriller

Reaction score
IMG_0665.jpg

Yours doesn't look too bad; This is a tight fit from rust....This was caused by pouring chlorine straight on top of the pitless spool and never rinsing it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks