Bathroom and laundry DWV rough in advice

Users who are viewing this thread

polymath

Reaction score
I'm in the planing and demo stages of adding a bathroom to my basement and relocating my laundry. A few extra eyes on my plumbing layout would be great.

I'll be tying into the 3" cast iron pipe downstream of where the waste stack (1.5" VTR and kitchen drain) connects. Adding a bathroom branch, wc, shower, floor drain and lav which will vent through the lav.

Upstream of the waste stack I'm adding add a 2" laundry drain. This will service a tub & stand pipe, both fixtures individually vented. I'm also planning to tie the laundry floor drain to the kitchen branch, adding a vent upstream of the waste stack. This is the closest location where I can vent the drain without it coming up in the middle of the floor (sure was easier in 1942 when this & the tub was wet vented up the waste stack).

The vents (lav, laundry tub, laundry standpipe & floor drain) will be combined at least 6" above flood plane in the wall and all be serviced by 1 accessible AAV.

The drain portion of waste stack will be be replaced with PVC. A 3" clean-out will be installed above the slab then reduced to the current 2" drain line size.

basement_layout_8-800.jpg

Any feedback, advice, criticism, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks