1989 utica boiler drips

Users who are viewing this thread

4uzindian

Reaction score
oh to page 2.

somthing wrong with site cant see my last response starting a new thread please hope you pick it up.
nothing wrong with posts i never went to page 2 with post all is there . any way i starded a post same title numbered #2 hope you pickit upcountiune from this .

Houptee

Reaction score
Yes it could be a bad expansion tank or maybe you have one too small for this system.
It should have a air pressure schrader valve like a tire, on one side of the tank is just air with a rubber diaphragm that separates the water from the air cushion.
The tank has a label on it that says the normal air pressure for the tank so you can test it with a tire pressure gauge (test when system is cold not hot).
If the tank feels like its full of water when you hold it and shake it, then the rubber diaphragm might have broke and the tank filled with water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks