Repair form-a-drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

snokel

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently busted up the concrete in my basement to move my rough in and
I had to go up to the wall and when I pulled the vapor barrier back the top of the
form a drain next to the footing was cracked and had a hole in the top and was filled with
gravel, I am assuming the builder did this and just covered it up with the vapor barrier.
I guess it's possible I did it with the sledge hammer, but I don't think so because of the
amount of gravel in the drain. Anyway I cleaned all the gravel I could get out with a shop vac
and temporarily covered the top with red sheathing tape.

Should I find some plastic to epoxy to the top of the drain or just cover it back up with new vapor barrier and
concrete?

Thanks,

Snorkel

Reach4

Reaction score
I was unaware of that but watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbXyGtozyE

It seems to me that after you suck out what fell in, you would the cover with a porous material that still passes water or radon into the side. Then I would cover that with something rigid to take the weight that you are going to put back over the top. Trying to waterproof this seems contrary to the idea of what then they are trying to do. But remember that I am just somebody who watched a Youtube video.

snokel

Reaction score
The top of the form a drain is solid, only the side facing out from the foundation has slits in it.
It's only a hole in the top, the side is still fully intact.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks