Are Bradford Tanks Still Having Issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've been hearing there have been issues with fairly new tanks leaking after a short period of time. Is that still a problem? From what I can gather it sounds like probably no more then usual, but at the same time perhaps they are having some quality issues the last few years.

I want to replace our 24 year old 50 gal Ruud before next year when new DOE regulations take effect - Which from what I've read on the BW website means possibly relying on 120V power from then on (I can count more then a handful of times that showers have taken place DURING a power outage in this house) AND the cost of gas HWT's skyrocketing (again). I could care less about having a more efficient HWT, it hardly costs anything to run the ancient one we have now.

Other question: Richmond water heaters, I know they're rebadged Rheem's, but are they still the same exact quality? I personally wanna just go with another Rheem, but BW is more readily available around here. I haven't heard as much about premature failures of Rheem's, except Terry's thread on the few young GE's he's replaced.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks