Water Stain

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbcatastrophe

Reaction score
I'm under the house and I find some old water stains near the pipes and vents. Some are white in color, some are black. I checked the wood and it is sound and the stains superficial. Should I sand the stain and treat the wood with something to help preserve it? Or do anything else?

Prashster

Reaction score
Check the black stains carefully. Do they have spots? Could it be mold? If it were me (I'm not a pro) I'd scour it with bleach. If you find it reappears, then I'd call in a pro to do something about it.

Also, the stains imply something leaked or sweated really badly at one time. Are you convinced that nothing is leaking any more?

Plumbcatastrophe

Reaction score
Ah, water stain

I'm pretty sure something leaked at one time. I've redone plumbing and fixtures, so leak no more. Stain just looks unsightly. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks