well pump noise; long cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Leaper

Reaction score
The past couple of days my well pump has been excessilvely noisy and seems to run at every demand for water. For example, when the dishwasher or washing machine is on, the pump runs the whole time instead of building pressure and cycling off. It does not click off and on; it runs constantly with each demand for water. My pressure gauge is not showing any drop in pressure. The water pressure in the house is not noticeably different.

I have a bladder tank and am not sure how to tell if the problem is with the pump, tank, pressure gauge, or the well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am afraid to use the water for fear of serious damage.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
It is a good thing that your pump does not cycle. Cycling is hard on the motor. If you have a jet pump, you may need to have new bearings put in the motor. Most motors here in Florida (they are outside in the weather) last 7 years before needing bearings.

If the pressure is good, you shouldn't hurt anything by the motor running as long as water is being used.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks