Calcification on hot water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

rmc115

Reaction score
I posted here about a month ago about a compression valve that had been seeping and corroded. They also replaced the anode rod in my HWT. I had my plumber replace the valve and clean up the copper pipe. On to the next issue.

I have several ball valves in my home that are if the compression type. On almost all three of these valves in various areas of my home, the hot water valve is experiencing calcification around the compression threads. I was told by my plumber that the constant temperature change was responsible for this happening to the corroded valve in my laundry room, and the expansion and contraction of the copper results in minute seeping around the ferrule.

I'm at a loss as what to do here. Will all these valves need to be replaced? I don't have room for a water softener in my small slab home. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 286

Jim Mills

Reaction score
Wait 5 years, then take another picture of this valve. We'll compare pictures, then advise...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks