What is the name of this fitting? Kee spool

Users who are viewing this thread

lstilts

Reaction score
This fitting serves the same purpose as the pitless adapter, but I can't find one online. It seals off the well casing when it is in place.

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lstilts

Reaction score
Thanks, it seems to be an odd ball, I can't find any info on it.

lstilts

Reaction score
To answer my own question, This is the inside fitting of of a set called the Kee spool, turns out there is a man that is only a few miles from me that manufactures them. Who would've ever thought? Anyway, got the new fitting, pump, pressure switch, pulled the pump (100 feet) 3/4 hp, reinstalled all parts, up & running in about 24 hrs. not a bad day!

DSC00716.jpg
DSC00717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
How does that thing work as a pitless adapter? looks like the water outlet is at the top? got a link to this guys product?

And what is that black structure on the bottom of the pump motor?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
How does that thing work as a pitless adapter? looks like the water outlet is at the top? got a link to this guys product?

The top is just where you attach the pull pipe. The water comes up from the bottom pipe and exits through the spool between the two rubber gaskets. These gaskets must seal in the casing above and below the water line discharge. When the o-ring gaskets are seated in the casing, the only place the water can discharge is out the discharge pipe between the two o-rings. I have never seen one but I think I can see how it works.

The black attachment on the bottom of the motor is most likely housing the starting capacitor for a 2 wire motor.

lstilts

Reaction score

It mates with the fitting that looks like the well casing, the water discharges out the side between the two O-rings into the tank buried in the ground. The black structure houses the lower bushing seal for the rotor shaft in the end next to the motor. The pump is a two wire Red Jacket Brand 3/4 hp pump. It doesn't have a capacitor in it. He doesn't have a website, but I like the design, it has been installed since 98, never had a minutes trouble out of it, next time I go to my supplier I'll take a pic of both parts of the set, but as said, the female part looks like a piece of 4" well casing. This is the pump I replaced it with. http://www.femyers.com/ResidentialProduct_my_ws_4s_rustler.aspx

Last edited:

TKB4

Reaction score
I also have this type valve installed by the inventor Kee and Sons Well and supply in Medina TN I have tried to call and left message but no answer . I cannot tell how to disconnect supply line to house from the spool pitless unless it will pull out without disconnecting which I think it should but that means the pvc exit from case would have to be part of the casing to seal

If anyone knows I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

TKB4

Reaction score
Yeah when you pull up on the spool it disconnects the pipe to the house.
Thanks valve man I did however find a view of the female part of the valve that does show the exit pipe is part of the casing and already pulled it before saw your message. BTW I am installing a Cycle stop valve as part of my system makeover ordered it couple of months ago

Thanks

TKB4

Reaction score
I do have one more question.

There is a light spring "check vale" that is just a rubber flap in the "kee spool valve" on the one I pulled it was not functioning. I just removed it since there is a check valve at bottom of pump. I have read various points on check valves at surface such as some states require a dedicated check valve and several states do not allow them. I don't view this the same as a separate check valve but either way I do not believe it is necessary so I reinstalled it that way but it wouldn't be much trouble for me to get a new valve and replace it depending on any advice I receive.

Mark Scatolin

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this topic guys, but this was one of the only places I actually saw the spool I have. I had a leak on the well outer tube (maybe the case) vs 1-1/4" outlet pipe connection, so I took the spool out and glued a new pipe to the outer case.
My problem now is that it sounds like I have air entering at the top apparently at the spool. Has anybody heard about this?

Reach4

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this topic guys, but this was one of the only places I actually saw the spool I have. I had a leak on the well outer tube (maybe the case) vs 1-1/4" outlet pipe connection, so I took the spool out and glued a new pipe to the outer case.
My problem now is that it sounds like I have air entering at the top apparently at the spool. Has anybody heard about this?
Do you have a submersible pump hanging from your pitless adapter?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that your well with a white well cap in the right rear? Is water squirting out the top of that o-ring?

I don't understand how a bad o-ring there would make that pulsing sound.

I also see flooding in the hole. I think you think this is residual water, and is not being replenished, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks