What make/model box is this? Is it even a main or is it a sub panel?

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
It appears that whatever he put in there... went in there.
People were living here for the last 5-10 years with that box.

Reaction score
I am the agent and the buyer. I guess I should just quit.
The seller is a shady temperamental person.
He will do whatever he wants and if pressed he will kill the deal and sell the house to someone else even for less. Yes, he will cut off his own nose to spite his face.
Does that answer your question?

Are you a licensed realtor?

If the seller is a whack job, the you have the choice of accepting his madness or walking away. I can't help you much beyond that.

I repeat: get a licensed electrician out there who is familiar with the demands of your local authority (and these are evolving quickly as the new code is coming in) to advise you on this upgrade. If you need all arcfault breakers it will cost on the order of $3500. Possibly a thousand less if the locals are not so insistent.

You have a LOT of circuits in that panel. Buy a 40 space 200 amp panel, nothing smaller. The panel is the least of your expenses.

Houptee

Reaction score
FYI
In NJ, where I assume this property is located since canofworms is in NJ, the homeowner can pull electrical and plumbing permits only on single family homes that they occupy personally.
Since this is a two family home, the seller cannot pull the electrical permit, only a licensed electrician can.
Unless he also happens to be a licensed electrician, which I hope he is not after looking at that box!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks