Well pump will not build enough pressure to cut out

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrk3cobra

Reaction score
I have a GE deep well jet pump 1/2 HP. With a square D 30/50 cut out switch. The pump use to cut out at 50 psi and now the pump will only produce 43 psi and does not cut out. The well is only 18 feet deep. I replace the foot valve last year. The pump has two hoses that go down to the bottom of the well.

How to test if the low pressure is caused by the pump or the ejector at the bottom of the well?

Thanks, pete

Mrk3cobra

Reaction score
Ok I pulled the Injector, what I see is a small plastic funnel on the 1 1/4 line. There is a 1/4" hole at the bottom of the funnel. There is sand packed around the plastic funnel. This is the first time I have seen an injector so I am not sure how they work. Is the water pulled up through the 1 1/4 line through the small hole, and water shot down the 1" hole.

What do I look for if the small 1/4" hole is open.

Thanks, pete

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Water is forced upward through that 1/4" hole in the bottom of the funnel. Water goes down the 1" pipe and up the 1 & 1/4" pipe.

Mrk3cobra

Reaction score
Does all the water go through the 1/4" hole in the center of the funnel? Does some water go around the outside of the funnel?

Mrk3cobra

Reaction score
We're do I buy a new injector online, and how to do I size the injector with my well setup.

Thanks, pete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks