Intro: 40 year old newb

Users who are viewing this thread

deadphish

Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend of mine owns a residential plumbing repair company and I recently started working for him. My stay at home dad duties have expired as my kids are all in school now and I was looking for a good job. It's a very small business with just him and me (I replaced a young man who left for a bigger comapny). My first week I didn't know the difference between a crescent wrench and channel locks lol. I am about 5 months into my position and am really enjoying the work. We are always busy and the pay is great.

I have a ton of stuff to learn, but fortunately my boss is very patient and does not mind going over things multiple times. I was never very handy, but that is changing quickly. Glad I found this forum and I'm sure I'll be hanging out here a bit in my free time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks