Need help making basement layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

mnju_03

Reaction score
I want to replace and correctly plumb the laundry area in my basement and also rough in a bathroom.
Single floor rambler with 1 bathroom. In basement the stack is a couple feet away from the exterior wall,
between the sewer line and the stack is a double y. on the left of the y is a floor drain and washer/sink.
On the right it's capped off for future lines.

I want to do everything correctly but have a really hard time understanding everything that I've been reading.
I don't mind having to undo,redo anything I just need a lot of extra help with putting the right stuff in the right place.
Any help will be very appreciated!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; I want to replace and correctly plumb the laundry area in my basement and also rough in a bathroom.

I do not know why everyone thinks that plumbing is just sticking some pipes together. If it were that easy, we would not have to serve a 4 or 5 year apprenticeship. The way to do it "correctly" is to call a professional plumber who knows HOW to do it, without resorting to the Internet and e-mails.

mnju_03

Reaction score
I need help, plain and simple. I can't afford a plumber and I never assumed it was "just sticking some pipes together". With all the helpful threads/posts on this forum and knowledge I thought it was worth asking. No need to be a dick when you could have simply not posted a reply at all.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plain and simple, HJ is right. What you want from a forum is all but impossible to get. You are basically looking for free design and consulting. I don't do it for my customers for free and I sure am not going to do it here. Simple service oriented questions, sure but you are expecting us to step you through the process. If you can't afford a plumber then you can't afford to do the renovation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks