(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: "I Love to Watch You Play" - Six Little Words We All Should Say Today

ACO Shower Drain Sales johnfrwhipple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default "I Love to Watch You Play" - Six Little Words We All Should Say Today

This morning I have spend my time blogging, posting and getting ready for the day at hand. It's easy to loose sight of what is important and upon reflection of the past weekends soccer tournament I realize I never told the girls on my team that "I loved watching them play". Funny how the simple things in life can make such a change on a young person.

If you coach soccer like me. Or Hockey. Baseball or Dance please take the time to read this article below.

If your a parent. Take the article to heart.

I'm glad my wife send me this link. It added balance in an otherwise unbalanced and negative morning.

Have a read. You will feel better. Smile. And if your like me (a softy at heart) this article will for sure choke you upů

"6 Words You Should Say Today" - by Rachel Macy Stafford

jfrwhipple@gmail.com - www-no-curb.com - 604 506 6792

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have always told my kids. "I like watching you play."
    Sometimes they would ask me how they did. That sounds like a chance to critique the game. But really, does anyone want to hear what they did wrong after playing a "game" that's meant to be fun?
    I found after a few mistrials, that saying that I liked watching them play, put a smile on their face. They would relax and off we would go to the next thing on our agenda.
    My daughter was real tough on herself when she was young. It was important to me, that I took pressure off, and let it be a game. She continued on to play three sports in high school. She went to the final 16 in the State Playoffs four times in three sports.

She still plays softball today and flies around the country to do that. I play softball with my son James, a team of 30 somethings. Yeah, they still let a guy in his 60's play with them. It's my job to joke around with the other team so that the games don't get so serious.

If you're a parent, or a husband, it's so easy. Just say you love watching them play. They will love you for that.
    Last edited by Terry; 01-07-2014 at 08:37 AM.

ACO Shower Drain Sales johnfrwhipple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Terry.

I had a word with our whole team last night and made a big point about letting the girls know how much their coaches love watching them play the sport we all love. I'm going to do a better job of letting them know - and find another way of being a hard ass to push them at the same time.

It is so true. I love watching the game. Watching their development. Beats the shit out of building showers every day!!!

jfrwhipple@gmail.com - www-no-curb.com - 604 506 6792

Always get construction advice double checked by your local city hall. Flood Test Every Shower - Every Time.