Saniflo Toilet install question

Users who are viewing this thread

mmcclo1

Reaction score
Sanicompact Install.jpg

I want to install a Sanicompact toilet in my basement bathroom. I'm looking for any advice or changes to my proposed plumbing scheme that I will be installing. Will my proposed scheme work? Or should I not install the bottom wye and just run the 1" from the saniflo directly into the 1.5" coming from upstairs? Any advice from someone who has experience with macerator toilet systems is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why not install a gravity drain? Not sure on your code but our code doesn't allow macerating toilets when gravity drainage is possible. Also they are very expensive to repair or replace when they fail.

mmcclo1

Reaction score
I asked my usual plumber if I was able to install a regular gravity toilet and I was told no, since there would not be enough fall on the line. The 3" pipe is only about 1-2 inches under the slab. Do you think a gravity system would work in my situation, picture below. Thanks

IMG_0001_2.jpg

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hard to tell by pic but if you were to turn the trench at a 45 and y into the 3" you would gain some. If gravity is not possible, I would recommend a sewage pit with an ejector pump instead of the saniflo.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks