Manifold or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
I am re-plumbing my house.....was my next project and got pushed way up because a pipe "stop" split this last week when my house did not have power for 54 hours. The pipe is to the bathtub that I don't use but I need to get this done. I have galvanized pipe for most of the house and I am on a well with a water softner. My house is a one story with a basement; the basement has an open joist ceiling over most of the basement and where it is not it is those 8 by 8 old ceiling tiles that need to come out anyway. The current plumbing is below the joists and runs perpendicular to the joists; I am going to put the plumbing up into the joists to make the ceiling cleaner and I just like it that way.....so yes I will have to drill a lot of the joists (I know to put the holes in the middle of the joists & leave 2" from the top & bottom of the joists).

I'm going to be using PEX to re-plumb. I am wondering if it would be worth my time to put in a manifold or not. Or to just go with shutoffs all over the place. My basement ceilings are between 7' & 8'. I'll attach a diagram of what my current plumbing looks like (Green is for cold & Red is for hot) .

Basement plumbing 1-12-14.jpg
As you will see, most of my plumbing is on the north side of my house because the kitchen and both bathrooms are on the north side of the house. The reason I am uncertain about putting in a manifold is:
  1. There is not much usable wall space on the N side of the basement to mount the manifolds where I don't have to drill about 6 joits for each manifold line.I think the 4th photo down is about the easiest place to put the manifold. I would have to bring the pex down each side of the window and add bends to the pex.
    wall just E of window bw washer.jpglong shot of wall E of window.jpgwall w bunch of pipes.jpgwall under the window.jpg
  2. Will it be useful for me?

I know I am going to use PEX, 99% sure I will use the Wisbro and yes I know I will have to buy an expander. Give me your thoughts on the manifold or anything else that may be useful.
Thanks in advance, Pat

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks