Shower Signs, Warnings and Important Notices from around the World

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I would think that this sign is not needed for most showers around the world. But one would guess that the sign below went up for a very good reason, or two .....

du%25C5%259Fta-sevgiliyle-ba%25C5%259Fl%25C4%25B1k-s%25C4%25B1%25C3%25A7mak_233730.jpg

Shower Notice !!! Do Not Pooh While Showering - Imagine Source - Turkey

Would the notice be valid if the shower was off?

Safety-Emergency-Shower-Sign-S-4241.gif

Pull Handle to Shower - Now that's a helpful sign Photo Source

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Bathroom Signs: Designed by women for male eyes only

full_german-bus-bathroom-sign.jpg

Sit Down to Pee - Clearly designed by a women Photo Source

bathroom-sign-15.jpg

Sit and Pee - Photo Source

I love this one. And when you sit to pee, make sure you also flip your ball cap around the proper way too..... LOL

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's obvious John has not traveled to some of those parts of the world...indoor plumbing isn't all that common, and many cultures stoop to do their business. If you stand or squat, the status of the seat and its even existence and intended use isn't as obvious as what we experience. So, those signs are appropriate for those areas...and, like many things foreign to us, can be funny.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My first trip out of the US was to Belize. Nobody bothered with toilet seats there. And they didn't want you using paper in the toilet.
I stayed at one place where the first story had been built too high for the septic system, so they quit renting that floor. We didn't have windows in our room either, and the plumbing vents from downstairs were lower than our open window.
Belize City smelled like a sewer. I was so glad to get beyond the shore and be on the open Ocean headed to the Cayes. A small open boat with twenty people in it powered by an outboard motor.
It was more like camping once we got there. The snorkeling was nice though.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
A Special Sign Just For Jim

It's obvious John has not traveled to some of those parts of the world...indoor plumbing isn't all that common, and many cultures stoop to do their business. If you stand or squat, the status of the seat and its even existence and intended use isn't as obvious as what we experience. So, those signs are appropriate for those areas...and, like many things foreign to us, can be funny.

If it interests you my wife and I have travelled to Turkey, Greece, Brazil, Chili, Argentina, Italy, Spain, France and a few more places. But I'm sure you know how to pooh properly in every city Jim. The Big Red Show Knows Best.

Terry We took a ferry from Istanbul to the East Coast (Turkish Reveria) - the smell so bad and so much "Waste" skimming over the top squat surface I almost puked just entering the washroom. The kicker. I could not squat and keep my clothes from touching any of the filth. So being the dumb ass Canadian - the unskilled world traveller, I just geared down naked and walked in wearing nothing but my shoes! lol

I'm glad no one walked in on me. Not a pretty picture.

Turkey has been and still is the highlight of my world travels. The Ferry ride still the nastiest place I have ever been.

Jim this sign is for you .... And you only...

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I've done the fishing one, but didn't have a pole so I used my hand.

LOL - What the hell is the guy in the lower right picture doing. Does this mean you can not pee like a dog? LOL to _____ing funny. I have to find more. I was up researching wet rooms and keep seeing all these funny signs. Thought it would be fun to group them here.

bathroom_sign-4150.jpg

Just Do It Right - Photo Source

Maybe it means no sideways shits in the urinal? Totally don't get that one.

Another Good One below

tvaet-1.gif%3Fw%3D600%26h%3D367

Photo Source

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks