Thermostatic Temp Control of Water Recirculation

Users who are viewing this thread

Robinasu

Reaction score
Does anyone know of US available parts like this temperature controlled valve for water recirculation? I have a 4 branch DHW recirculation system that was never setup with balancing valves. I'd like to find an automatic setup the control the branch temperatures. Are there any good US solutions? It seems like this type of setup hasn't made it's way from Europe yet.

Check this out:

http://heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/VDD3I102_MTCV(LLC).pdf

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you dealing with dedicated return lines, or using the cold water lines?

Some of those that use the cold water line have a valve that automatically does that. One might be able to be installed in a single line if there is dedicated ones.

Robinasu

Reaction score
I do have a dedicated return line. The hot from the DHW tank splits into 4 parallel circuits, then merges to a single 3/4 return. There are not check valves or balance valves in the 4 branches, so that is bad. Plus, the whole setup is completely over-pumped and acts as a building radiator. I can't turn down the temperature, because when I do, the temperature regulation of hot water temperature varies quite a bit and people in the condo building complain.

It looks like Europe likes the temperature actuated thermostatic valves in the link in my original post. USA, not so much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks