Need Toto replacement parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Ho333ard

Reaction score
Can anyone point me toward a source for replacement parts for toto toilets? I purchased one online (not from Terry unfortunately) and it arrived with several broken parts, including the water inlet (base of valve assembly) and the 10" unifit piece (shattered flange).
Thanks!

D

dc_homeplumber

Your first source should be the vendor from whom you purchased the toilet -- especially for the Unifit adaptor. A fill valve is easy enough to replace and they're available almost anywhere. Failing that, call Toto and explain the situation.

Spokaneman

Reaction score
A couple of items were left out of the box on my new Vespins. I emailed toto customer service and they were sent immediately, no questions, no hassle.

The email address is on thier web site.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As noted, this is part of the shipping costs/insurance from where you bought it. Toto has no obligation to send you repair parts, although they might for good will. Did you notify the shipping company that things were broken?

Ho333ard

Reaction score
Spokaneman said:
A couple of items were left out of the box on my new Vespins. I emailed toto customer service and they were sent immediately, no questions, no hassle.

The email address is on thier web site.

Thanks, good info!

Others:
Obviously one would attempt to work with the seller/shipper as a first reaction.
I don't think I'd be hunting down and registering for toilet forums if that had been successful, would I? Got any good sources for replacement parts? I'd like to at least price 'em out and find out which pieces can be bought seperately.

Ho333ard

Reaction score
BTW the damage was clearly the seller's fault, not the shipper's-- there was a piece of the inlet spout stuck in the cardboard of the carton, seperated from its source by bubble wrap; and the Unifit was allowed to bounce around unprotected in the toilet bowl (although I think it would have had to have been thrown in there to break like it did); I'm awaiting the seller's response. I will sooner just bite the bullet and buy the parts than spend one minute trying to deal with @#%#&#@! FedEx (which didn't do as horribly this time as usual BTW). I'm still giving the seller a chance but you'll get the whole story if I end up having to do the credit card dispute thing.

Ho333ard

Reaction score
While I got you

Do you think this can be sawed off and work OK?

inlet.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
flange_03.jpg

The Unifit comes from the factory in a cardboard box with a bag of screws, nuts and brass bolts. I've never seen a broken one.

I did have UPS smash a couple Unifits for me that were delivered in rural Texas.
(Never got paid back by UPS either)

The 12" Unifits are easy to come by.

The fill valve is a Korky Quietfill, and it's sold at Lowes.
With yours, sometimes you can slice off the the bottom thread with a knife.

Most all the time, everything is there, however like Spokaneman says, not 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Ho333ard

Reaction score
The seller is supposedly sending me out a new G-max unit and a new unifit piece per UPS. He didn't seem to have spent much time reading my brief description of the problem. I'm not going to break my head trying to figure out if he's on the level or not but I'm starting to wonder.
I also realized that the original 12" unifit piece was not there. I asked him to include it when he sends the replacement 10" (I can't fathom why he would think it OK to throw away an original part of the toilet that I paid for).

Ho333ard

Reaction score
It was loose in the bowl of the toilet. The bag of screws is there and appears complete.

Terry said:
The Unifit comes from the factory in a cardboard box with a bag of screws, nuts and brass bolts. I've never seen a broken one.

I did have UPS smash a couple Unifits for me that were delivered in rural Texas.
(Never got paid back by UPS either)

The 12" Unifits are easy to come by.

The fill valve is a Korky Quietfill, and it's sold at Lowes.
With yours, sometimes you can slice off the the bottom thread with a knife.

Most all the time, everything is there, however like Spokaneman says, not 100% of the time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks