ABS/DWV repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumbcatastrophe

Reaction score
On a 2" line, old 20 year ABS, it's leaking around the joints a little bit. Is there something you can buy to rejoin or meld or some kind of sleeve or should it be replaced? This particular union is the straight extension fitting into a Y. I tried dobbing some ABS cement around it but that really didnt help. Suggestions?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Especially if you are in California or Arizona, you are in the time frame when there was some bad ABS pipe around. Cracked at the fittings. There was a class action suit, but it may be over. See if you can read a manufacturer's name printed on the pipe.

Regardless, the best recommendation is to remove and replace the damaged parts. Anything less will always be suspect.

Plumbcatastrophe

Reaction score
ABS Lawsuit

Thanks, I found that stuff. The brand on the pipe says "Standard" but it was installed around the time here in Nevada. Might be something to all that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks