Reroute Pipe What is Reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

Houptee

Reaction score
The OP's pics show it was repaired with what looks like Uponor PEX and memory sleeve fittings.
He said he hired a plumber to do it (I assume he was licensed in CA but he did not say that in the OP).
Are you guys saying that what the plumber did was incorrect and he should have used copper?
If so please explain why.

In NJ PEX is approved for use.
Since Sandy there is demolition and new construction going on all around me daily and every house I walk into I see red and blue PEX strung all over.
I mentioned the Pros of PEX that I could think of and then I asked what are the Cons of PEX that you guys have seen in the field.
I never said it was the perfect solution to the worlds problems.

Kcodyjr

Reaction score
Are you guys saying that what the plumber did was incorrect and he should have used copper?
If so please explain why.

Incorrect is a little severe. I'd say he just went cheap. Whether that matters depends on what that pipe is serving. If it's low flow, no big deal. If it's a bathtub, it might reduce the flow rate. If it's a washing machine or toilet, it might have a shorter lifespan due to hammering beating away on the fittings.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks