Ok to run shower piping out of tub port on valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

copper piper

Reaction score
Hello-

I have 2 seperate shower units in my stall. Plumber piped one valve correctly, but piped one with shower pipe exiting out of the tub port on valve. I seem to have a bit of water hammer or spool play in cartridge now.

Is it OK to pipe to shower from tub port (lower) on valve or should it be redone to go out of shower port (top) on valve?

Thanks in advance.
bb

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I ALWAYS do it that way as long as the valve is 180 degrees symmetrical so it can be inverted. Doing it that way can avoid some nasty problems in the future.

copper piper

Reaction score
I ALWAYS do it that way as long as the valve is 180 degrees symmetrical so it can be inverted. Doing it that way can avoid some nasty problems in the future.

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the valve should be turned 180 so that the tub port is at 12:00?, instead of 6:00? The way mine is now, is that the tub port is facing at 6:00, with the tubing then going up to shower.
And, what problems in the future are speaking about? I may have them at the present.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks