(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Restaurant plumbing corrections

Hybrid View

Default Restaurant plumbing corrections

Hey everyone, new to the Forum. Did a lot of reading and research before i got Into doing a huge plumbing Job for a Restaurant. I Need advice on a 2 corrections before i can pass my inspections. First One is at the end of the line for the floor sink. Is this acceptable. I had a double fixture fitting and vented. It didnt pass. So i cut the concrete some more and plumb it how u See it now. Second is my drain for a Hand wash sink in the kitchen. I had to 45 my connections because of the supply in the way. It would be pushing out, and Not be inside the wall. All advice and help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Are you a licensed plumber, or a contractor doing a commercial job without a license? I ask because if you had a license you wouldn't be asking the question and if you're not a licensed plumber you shouldn't be doing the work.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

No i am Not licensed. I am working with the owner. I am Learning the plumbing trade, reviewed the codes and assist with the project. Asking for advice, or help. Some of these Codes are gray to me. Just looking for assistance.

Excuse me for butting in, but although I'm a lowly DIY, I have picked up a fair amount of information over my tenure here. I am quite certain that commercial establishments can not use unlicensed plumbers. A GC plus an owner does not equal a license. You seem to be operating in California which is well know for stacks of rules of their own in addition to standard codes. I think you are on shaky ground here.

1. An owner cannot do plumbing in a commercial establishment, only a single family residence.
    2. Even if he could, HE would have to do the work himself. He CANNOT hire "helpers" to do it for him.
    3. From what you show, I cannot tell how you could have had a "back to back fixture fitting" there.
    4. A "double Y" should have worked.
    5. I do not know why you HAD to 45 the drain line, since it still had to cross the water line.
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber

Quote Originally Posted by hj View Post
    1. An owner cannot do plumbing in a commercial establishment, only a single family residence.
    2. Even if he could, HE would have to do the work himself. He CANNOT hire "helpers" to do it for him.
    3. From what you show, I cannot tell how you could have had a "back to back fixture fitting" there.
    4. A "double Y" should have worked.
    Where's the vent?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    Excuse me for butting in, but although I'm a lowly DIY, I have picked up a fair amount of information over my tenure here. I am quite certain that commercial establishments can not use unlicensed plumbers. A GC plus an owner does not equal a license. You seem to be operating in California which is well know for stacks of rules of their own in addition to standard codes. I think you are on shaky ground here.
    Very shaky ground indeed and.... It pisses me off. You don't see plumbers jacking work from electricians, masons, carpenters, roofers etc but for some reason every handy hack contractor in the world seems to feel its his right to screw the plumbers over. If I knew where he was and where he was working, I'd turn him in.

Thanks! But i passed 80 percent of my Underground inspections. Did everything to Code and the inspector was really impressed. 4 floor sinks, 1 floor drain, all passed and tested in the kitchen. Not a DIYer. No disrespect to anyone here. And yes here when you file for owner builder, you can hire anyone to perform the work. Its upon there discretion. It states that on the application. Im jacking no work from anyone. Im out here looking for work and getting it. Like i said Im Learning the trade, because i want too. Not just for the heck of it. And i Seen worse work from licensed people, fly by night contractors and more. We got permits and plans.

I dont have back to back fittings there. P trap, trap arm, wye rolled up for that fixture to be vented.
    I 45 that Hand sink because the fittings would be pushing out the drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by spconstruction View Post
    Thanks! But i passed 80 percent of my Underground inspections. Did everything to Code and the inspector was really impressed. 4 floor sinks, 1 floor drain, all passed and tested in the kitchen. Not a DIYer. No disrespect to anyone here. And yes here when you file for owner builder, you can hire anyone to perform the work. Its upon there discretion. It states that on the application. Im jacking no work from anyone. Im out here looking for work and getting it. Like i said Im Learning the trade, because i want too. Not just for the heck of it. And i Seen worse work from licensed people, fly by night contractors and more. We got permits and plans.

I dont have back to back fittings there. P trap, trap arm, wye rolled up for that fixture to be vented.
    I 45 that Hand sink because the fittings would be pushing out the drywall.
    In my state you would be before a judge. Learning the trade my ass. You are jacking work from licensed plumbers and bypassing the proper channels. Where's the master you are working under and where is your apprentice card? How about the classroom hours too? You are learning the trade by asking questions on the Internet? That your inspector is an idiot is just lucky for you I guess. The vents wouldn't pass by any inspector that knew what he was doing. And what in hell is passed 80%
    Last edited by Tom Sawyer; 12-20-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Lol, come to San Diego, let's see if you can knock me up! Chumps. Passed all my corrections! Little faggots

BTW ya sound like bitches talking about their boyfriend's. Faggots with beer bellys, overweight, crippled fools who know just to plumb your ass with a test ball. Inflate it to 30lbs and see if you can handle it. This thread been nothing but 2lbs of lard! Lol fools.

OP: No regular on this site will be surprised that someone who is so willing and eager to break the law with impunity would respond as you have. Hopefully you will go away and never come back.

Having spent some time as a state plumbing inspector I can tell you that his reaction is pretty typical. They all talk big right up until they are standing in front of the judge facing a $5,000.00 fine then they are all " I'm sorry, I didn't know, I'll never do it again"and wining like a little girl. Lol. I'd also bet that there was never a permit or an inspection done either. He's another typical unlicensed handy hack that thinks he's smarter than everybody else. Sooner or later though it will catch up with him. Possibly when his latest job goes bad and causes the lawyers to step in. At that point anything the inspection department throws at him is small potatoes.