(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: New bath

DIY Junior Member lookingforanswers's Avatar

Default New bath

I've installed a new master bath on the other side of the house from my electric 50g water heater, with an additional watertech whirlpool that uses 69 gallons. I have LPG with 1 inch pipe near or electric available, but my electric panel is quite full so propane is prefered. Should I install a tankless or tank and would there be any problems with just putting a smaller tank inline with my 50 gallon so when I have hot water quicker at that bath and when the smaller one runs out it would be drawing hot water from the larger one? Or could I ad a tankless inline for instant water and it wouldn't have to work so hard when the preheated water from the tank farther away reached it, I would have enough to fill the large tub

I'm not really an expert on tank less water heaters, but a couple of things I have picked up from this forum is first, tank less heaters require mega amounts of power be it electricity or gas. Most homes do not have heavy enough supplies of either. Secondly, LPG is quite expensive compared to natural gas. I suspect another tank would be your best option, and probably not a "smaller" one. Another 50 gallon tank would not be much more expensive than a smaller one (can't quote prices) I would expect some of the pros to jump in on this thread with better and more complete advice that this, so hand on for a couple of days or so.