(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Help me find a toilet, round bowl and comfort height.

Default Help me find a toilet, round bowl and comfort height.

I'm looking for a likely substitute for Toto Drake comfort height extended bowl. I've installed many of these, clients love 'em and consequently so do I. Problem on upcoming job is proximity to shower door using extended bowl...the extra couple of inches in the front to rear dimension is enough that a round bowl would be better in this tiny bathroom.

Unless I'm missing something Drake is not available in comfort height with round bowl...correct? I really need a round bowl, but am reticent to install another brand because of past performance issues.

What say the experts here?

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The CST423 Promenade by TOTO is comfort height and round. It's a traditional style toilet.

The elongated version CST424
    The CST423 round bowl is 1-1/2" shorter.

Thanks Terry, I'll run this by my client. I may end up addressing it by ordering new door a little narrower, which would also do the trick.

Round and comfort height are few and far between, especially if you want a good performing toilet. The Promenade Terry recommends would be a wise option. Elongated are far more popular so the selection is virtually unlimited. The biggest selling point for elongated is that they are male friendly.

Default IDEAS for shallow depth comfort-height toilet?

We seek round, comfort-height toilet but we desire something more contemporary or transitional than the Promenade. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Added clearance between the proposed toilet and vanity will be necessary for a disabled homeowner. This is for a 12" rough in. Our heartfelt thanks for any other ideas. Toilet could be elongated if it has a shorter than usual depth from the Johnny bolts to front of the toilet bowl. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by hmowner View Post
    We seek round, comfort-height toilet but we desire something more contemporary or transitional than the Promenade. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    If you want a Toto, you will have to get an extended bowl. That does not necessarily mean that the toilet will extend into the room far. These are ADA, which is a little taller than comfort height:
    http://www.totousa.com/Products/Toil...a/Default.aspx
    click transitional or contemporary on left column.

To basically repeat my early post, comfort height round bowls are not in demand, so there are few made. You may have to decide if your style preference out weighs comfort height, and if a round bowl is really necessary. Most people find the elongated bowl is more male friendly and it is ADA required.

Quote Originally Posted by hmowner View Post
    We seek round, comfort-height toilet but we desire something more contemporary or transitional than the Promenade. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Added clearance between the proposed toilet and vanity will be necessary for a disabled homeowner. This is for a 12" rough in. Our heartfelt thanks for any other ideas. Toilet could be elongated if it has a shorter than usual depth from the Johnny bolts to front of the toilet bowl. THANKS!
    The Toto Aquia CST412MF is only 27.5" from front to back, with about 1/2 to 3/4" behind it when installed, so total length from the FINISHED wall is about 28". It's comfort height dual flush, and most people who try it, like it. Modern looking. Spec Sheet: http://www.totousa.com/Portals/0/Pro...5_CST412MF.pdf A fair price for it is in the high-$300 range (i.e. the 390s).

If you want a one-piece, the Aquia MS654114MF is a similar size (1/8" longer). Comes with a seat, which is extra on the two-piece.