NEW TOTO DRAKE 1.6 G-MAX noisy fill?

Users who are viewing this thread

gottago

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a new Toto Drake 1.6 Gal flush with G-Max.
I am not a Plumber but, after watching some "How to install video's" I decided to give it a shot.
The installation went well, all of the internal parts in the tank were already in place. Just had to bolt the tank to the bowl. I also installed a new water fill line (Not the shut off valve).
I used the larger wax ring. The toilet seated nice with no wobbles or leaks.
My problem is after the flush the refill of the tank sounds like a cement mixer.
The water line in the tank is lined up with the down tube. I noticed that there is water coming out from under the Blue G-Max unit. Is this normal or is it faulty? This water is making bubbles in the tank.
I will add a photo.
THANK YOU
gottago

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 368

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It's all good. Water falling off the fill valve is normal. It's part of the anti siphon function; it all falls in the tank anyway, and its not a problem. It's what it's supposed to do. As to noise, that's pretty normal as well. If you swap the fill valve for the korky 528mp max performance fill valve or the korky fits toto 5 28T fill valve it may be a but quieter, but the reality is it will give you some bubbling on refill. We have 2 and love them...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks