Water pulsating at fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

shogan65

Reaction score
Pressure in tank is 23psi, pump cut-in is 25psi and cut-out is 50 psi. Pump is kicking in and out about every 20 seconds or so with water running. When all water is off the pressure stabilizes. It may help you to know, I added a second mobile home and two frost free hydrants last summer. My pressure tank is only 20 gallons. Could the tank be the problem even though it just surfaced as an issue?
Thank you,
shogan65

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Did you empty the water from the tank before you checked/adjusted the air pressure?

Is the pump a jet or submersible?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what kind of pump he has, the tank is probably water logged.

If its a standard tank, shut the pump off, blow all the water out and put a precharge of air in it. The precharge should be a few pounds below cut in pressure.

If you have a diaphram or bladder tank, the diaphram or bladder has failed and the tank needs to be replaced.

Failure to address this condition will lead to premature pump failure.

shogan65

Reaction score
Thank you, I am worried about premature pump failure. The tank is a diaphragm tank, about 20 years old, (unsure if that contributes to the issue), but thank you for your advice.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
20 years is about the lifetime of a diaphram or bladder tank. I would highly recommend a Well X Trol replacement, the bigger the tank the better.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The bigger the tank the better because it reduces the number of on/off cycles. But there are ways to stop the cycling. Then a large tank is not needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks