Takagi T-Kjr flashing 4 code

Users who are viewing this thread

cbytes

Reaction score
I have a Takagi T-Kjr with a 4 flash code after the water runs and stops, I have to hit reset button to get hot water again and it will stay running as long as I don't shut the hot water off but as soon as I do I get a 4 code after the fan purges.
Steps I've taken:
1. replaced pressure switch.
2. cleaned burner and flu according to Takagi tech support. (done it twice)
3. changed switch #6 to on (outside) even though it's inside.
4. cleaned fan

Relevant info:
its a 2 year old LP heater and was working flawlessly until i decided to take out the pressure switch to put in to an identical unit for my floor heat, that is when i started to get the 4 code, even after swapping back the pressure switch and putting a new one in, I still get the 4 code. Any help would be great.

Update:
I tried blowing off the dust from the fan blades again and the heater worked as it was suppose to for about 5 or 6 times then it stopped working and started flashing a 4 code again. Is there any type of a sensor that I am missing that needs to be cleaned ?

Update:
after many days of waiting I finally got an email from a service tech and the suggestion he gave solved it. Make sure the tube for the pressure switch is in the L for low pressure and not the H for high pressure. Bam !!! it's been working fantastic for months.

Last edited:

getter

Reaction score
I have a Takagi T-Kjr with a 4 flash code after the water runs and stops, I have to hit reset button to get hot water again and it will stay running as long as I don't shut the hot water off but as soon as I do I get a 4 code after the fan purges.
Steps I've taken:
1. replaced pressure switch.
2. cleaned burner and flu according to Takagi tech support. (done it twice)
3. changed switch #6 to on (outside) even though it's inside.
4. cleaned fan

Relevant info:
its a 2 year old LP heater and was working flawlessly until i decided to take out the pressure switch to put in to an identical unit for my floor heat, that is when i started to get the 4 code, even after swapping back the pressure switch and putting a new one in, I still get the 4 code. Any help would be great.

Update:
I tried blowing off the dust from the fan blades again and the heater worked as it was suppose to for about 5 or 6 times then it stopped working and started flashing a 4 code again. Is there any type of a sensor that I am missing that needs to be cleaned ?

Update:
after many days of waiting I finally got an email from a service tech and the suggestion he gave solved it. Make sure the tube for the pressure switch is in the L for low pressure and not the H for high pressure. Bam !!! it's been working fantastic for months.

getter

Reaction score
I found that the pressure switch mounting tube plate was slightly away from the back of the fan housing allowing air to bypass the opening holding the tube . i carefully caulked the perimeter to seal the slight gap , this directed all the intake air to flow past the sensing tube , problem solved.

Parmstrong

Reaction score
I found that the pressure switch mounting tube plate was slightly away from the back of the fan housing allowing air to bypass the opening holding the tube . i carefully caulked the perimeter to seal the slight gap , this directed all the intake air to flow past the sensing tube , problem solved.
Can you elaborate what you mean by this? Sorry, I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP after changing the flow control valve.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks