Culligan Gold series softener keeps regenerating

Users who are viewing this thread

ldubrul

DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
My culligan gold series softener keeps regenerating, there is an error code of 1H, I reset the error code but it keeps regenerating. The timer doesn't spin at all. I finally bypassed the softener and unplugged the power. Is this something I can fix myself since I own the unit.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is the motor that moves the piston in or out not doing what it should?
I am going to look up the 1H code...
What year is it ?

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I think 1H error is a 70 second failure (system fails to recieve the correct input from the positioning cam)

and its currently 2013, :)

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The older culligans had a motor that would some times freeze up or the piston would hold the motor from turning and burn out the motor.
With it a few years old it could be the spin on the Fleck 7000 valve... While you could look up the manuals for either the 7000 SXT or XTR the control face would be a little different but the body is going to be the same save for how it goes onto the media tank.
A photo will help in fully id of the valve and its control.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks